Sunday, September 23, 2007

Ramblings

It's hard to believe that fall is here especially since it's so hot here. But the calendar doesn't lie and it won't be long before October is upon us. Where has the year gone? Seems like it's a blur from time speeding by.

We had a conference with Colin's teacher on Thursday afternoon and he is doing good except for a little problem of running in school so we had a talk with him about that. She loves his large imagination and can't wait to hear the story he has formed while drawing a picture. I just hope that imagination doesn't start getting him in trouble in the next couple of months when they start doing more work.

I had a conference with Dale's teacher on Friday and they feel as I do that he is being lazy. I told them that he wants to get out of GT and go back to regular classes. They said no. He's been in GT since the 5th grade and they don't feel as if it would do him any justice that he is just looking for an easy way out of homework and studying. I agree he wants to do nothing except play the playstation and he was grounded over a week ago and his grades have already started to improve. They said that his PACT and MAP test scores are too high for him not to be in GT and that he has been selected to take the PSAT next month and if he scores on it that he will be in the South Carolina Junior Scholars. I just hope he starts turning school around and starts taking it seriously again.

The week and weekend went by too fast once again and it seems like there are many things that I didn't find time to get done. At least the laundry is all done up this evening so in the morning I can wash all the sheets and actually get it done on Monday. I've finished the number 10 scarf or is that number 11...hmmm...I will have to pull them out and count them again. Hopefully tomorrow I can stuff 2 pillows I'm making and finish the headband I've started. I had to take a mini break from scarves and thought why not try a headband it will feel good in the winter months. The frig needs to be cleaned out and I'm hoping to organize the kitchen cabinets.

Just heard on the news it's to be 90 tomorrow...another scorcher! We need RAIN! I think in about a month and half maybe longer we have only had rain one evening and that didn't last long.

Tony put new shocks and a fuel filter on the van. He has put up the new light in the hallway and worked a little in the living room. I can't wait to finish painting that room! Dale and I gave both dogs a bath yesterday and lets just say we needed baths after we was done. But they both smell better and look better but I know that won't last long.

I need to make a trip to Michaels so I can start working on my craft list. Christmas will be here before I know it and I need to get some of those things done.

I'm done rambling and better head to bed.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I also have to start on some Christmas gifts. It'll be here before you know it!