Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Muffins Muffins Muffins

Hey All,

The other day I made up a batch of chocolate chip muffins and a batch of corn dog muffins. The chocolate chip muffins didn't last long and the kids are hollering for more. On the other hand the corn dog muffins are going a bit slower but the only one that will eat them is Colin. This child hates corndogs but he loves these muffins! Anyway he has requested them in his lunch for the first day of school which is TOMORROW. My plans for tomorrow is to make more muffins while the kids are in school so I can quit hearing their whining for a day or so.

Chocolate Chip Muffins

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
3 ounces sour cream
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup chocolate chips

Directions

Heat oven at 350 degrees. Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together.

Beat egg.

Add sour cream and add to the flour mixture.

Add the milk, oil, and chocolate chips stir and pour into greased or lined muffin pans 2/3 full. Cook time is about 15-20 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched.

This recipe is for standard muffin tins.

Serves 12 http://www.recipezaar.com/19379

The kids love these and ask for them all the time.


Corn Dog Muffins

INGREDIENTS

2 (8.5 ounce) packages cornbread mix
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
9 hot dogs, cut in half

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease muffin tins.

Stir together the cornbread mix and the brown sugar in a large bowl. Whisk the eggs and milk in a small bowl until smooth. Fold the eggs and cheese into the dry mixture until moistened. Spoon mixture into muffin tins until 2/3 full. Add 1 hot dog half to each muffin.

Bake in a preheated oven 14 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown.

Serves 18 http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Corn-Dog-Muffins/Detail.aspx

For this recipe instead of cutting the hotdogs in half I use three hotdogs and chop them up into pieces and mix them into the batter. Colin loves it! Since they make so many by the way I normally get around 20 I freeze half of them. They work great for his lunch I put two in a baggie and then put them into a freezer bag. In the morning I will take out a pack and put it in his lunch box and they will be thawed and ready to eat by lunch time.

Sorry no pictures of these and I can't say that I really had a chance to get a picture of the chocolate chip muffins they were attacked shortly after getting out of the oven. Maybe tomorrow I will get some pictures. Still not sure what all I'm going to make yet. I have one child hollering for chocolate chip and another hollering for pumpkin. The thing I like the best is I can spend one morning making up muffins and put half in the freezer and don't have to worry for a few days about them.

Oh I forgot to share this late week I had made Paula Dean's Mac and cheese and the kids loved it. I liked it but would rather have my homemade if I had the choice. But it was good and done in the crockpot so it will be a keeper and I'll have to switch back in forth between this one and mine.

http://www.pauladeen.com/recipe_view/104

I better get to bed we all have to get up early in the morning... TO EARLY!

Take Care :)

3 comments:

The Southern Mom said...

Yummy! I love muffins - all kinds!

And the corndog muffins! I really like corndogs...I'll have to try these!

Brooklyn Sweetie said...

The muffins sound good. I am going to have to try them.

I had no idea that you could make mac and cheese in the crock pot!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

YUMMY!