Thursday, July 5, 2007

Just Another Day!

Today was one of those days! Kids bickering, dogs barking and cat attacking! The little witch had her voice box tuned today she barked non stop. It started because she saw someone riding a bike and then she just couldn't let go of that. She would run to the window and bark and watch. That would start Nietchie barking and he didn't have a clue as to what he was barking at. Blue decided to be unsocialable today and stayed in my room on the bed most of the day so everytime I would walk in and go past the bed he would try to claw me. The boys had a bickering session because they both wanted to play games on the TV. Finally I had to limit them to one hour each just to give my ears a rest.

Tonight for dinner we had country style steak, mac & cheese, green beans, broiled squash and Italian bread. Then this evening while the boys were outside playing we cut a watermelon and took that outside to eat. Oh it was good! I need to dig through my recipes I would like a tomato pie or some stuffed tomatoes. And the kids would like some stuffed green peppers. Hmmm...that does sound good.

Big Brother started it's new season tonight. Oh it's going to be good they had a good twist to start the show off. We all watched it except for Colin (he played video games) and can't wait for the next one. Jerricho is going to be starting soon and Dale and I like to watch that one. I walked about 15 minutes on the treadmill while watching TV tonight. Maybe I can make it longer tomorrow I would like to get back up to an hour.

It's going on midnight and these children are still up so I guess it's time to be mean mommy and make them all go to bed.

2 comments:

melly~ said...

I don't know about tomato pie, but THIS is a tomato favorite around here:

Tomato Basil Squares

1 pkg. refrigerated pizza crust
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1 oz. (1/4 cup) fresh parmesan cheese, grated
2 Tbsp. fresh basil leaves, snipped or 2 tsp. dried basil leaves
2/3 cup mayonnaise
1 garlic clove, pressed
4 plum tomatoes, sliced

Preheat oven to 375°F. Roll pizza dough out on 12x15" rectangle sheet or stone to within an inch of the edge.

Sprinkle crust with 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Set aside.

Combine remaining cup of mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, basil and mayonnaise together. Press garlic into cheese mixture. Mix well.

Slice tomatoes thin. Arrange in a single layer over mozzarella cheese. Spread cheese mixture over the top of tomatoes.

Bake 15-20 minutes or until top is golden brown and bubbly. Serve warm.

Vickie said...

This sounds good I will have to try it. Thanks Melly!!