Monday, January 7, 2008

Back to the gym...Week 1/7/08

Tonight was the first time I've been to the gym since...hmmm...around the 29th I guess. It's not a good idea for me to take a week or so off. It's hard getting back into the swing of things again.

First of all I'm going to start off by saying that I didn't gain any weight over the holiday season. I weigh 134.3 didn't gain anything and didn't lose anything. I can't see how but I'll take it. lol My goal is to get down to 115 and tone this body up.

I started off tonight on the treadmill of course and had to fight my way to walk a mile. I ended up 1.15 miles in 22 minutes. Then it was off to the ab roller and slowly I made it to 700. I would do 20 to 50 and about every 150 or so I would stop to stretch my back. Made it a lot easier getting to 700. I'm not exactly sure of the effects of the ab roller sometimes the next day I can really feel it and other times I can't. But to do a sit up without the help of the roller I wouldn't get to 10. After finishing up with that I got some 5 lb weights and worked my shoulders and arms out. I have to build up some strength in my arms and shoulders my right is so week from when I hurt it several years ago. After that I got a 6 lb medicine ball and did some twists with it. Not sure if it helped the mid section any but it certainly added a different arm workout I could only do 20 and had to stop. I also did some lunges and I can say they are not as easy as they look. I stood there trying to decide what I was going to do next and decided to give the elliptical another shot. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh I only lasted 5 minutes on it and that was a struggle I wanted to quit before 2 minutes was even up. Hot and sweaty I decided it was time to stop. A one hour workout.

With the new year I'm going to take this at a different approach. Jene` pointed out that I need to eat more in order to lose weight. I had only dropped a couple pounds before the holidays and couldn't get any further. And that I also needed to drink more water. I'm going to try this and see if it helps. I also picked up some Lean Cuisine's they were on sale. I had Butternut squash ravioli in a creamy sauce with walnuts, snap peas and carrots tonight. It was really good I was surprised! I should go pick up a few more tomorrow before they go off sale.

I'm going to have to make out a calendar of the kids activities and all the times of drop off and pick up and if I'm not going to be able to workout in the evenings I will go before I pick Colin up from school. A lot of stuff is at the Y so that makes it easy to workout while they are in class or practice but Jene`'s stuff is at school.

I will be adding my workouts for the week in the comment section.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Good luck with your workouts!