Saturday, December 6, 2008

Too Many Things and Not Enough Time

It's been one of those weeks you know where you think you are really getting things done but it turns out your list of things to do is longer than when you started. Maybe it's just been my mood of late I've gotten into a rut... a funk... a blah... however you want to say it and just can't seem to get out of it.

I haven't finished this afghan so I can start another and finish before the big day so I'm trying to decide what spur of the moment thing I can make for the 16 year old that she will like. I'm going to have to dig out all my stash and see what I can come up with. I did see a couple of projects others have completed that have gone on my list of things for the new year. Over on Nickers & Neighs my cousin has made a totally awesome country apron and The Southern Mom has been busy making a beautiful pink quilt. I've got to get my groove back and get busy and finish this afghan!

Today was the parade we were there at 9:30 and it was cold. Too cold for some of these little outfits some of these kids had to wear. It was good and good to get out and do something different. The boys did a good job decorating the float and they had a blast. By the time it was over and chilled to the bone I decided to make chili and cheese quesadillas for dinner. Good comfort food! My little one has been hollering for pumpkin pie so I went ahead and made one and also apple crisp for the teens. Now when the pie was finally done and the little one was able to have a piece as I was putting it on his plate he said... this isn't pumpkin pie. Yes it is. No, it's suppose to be orange not brown. I laughed and said this is pumpkin pie and you are thinking of sweet potato pie. It really doesn't matter which one it is because he likes both of them.

I've been waisting time and just surfing from here to there tonight. I found this cute Christmas decoration made with a polystyrene ball and egg shells over on One Crafty Mumma. Found faux snowballs over on The Pickled Pepper Patch is a cool and crafty idea. Yep, you have guessed it they are going on my new year to do list.

It's time to go pull out the crochet bag and get busy. I promise in the next few days I will get pictures loaded in and do a photo update.

Take Care :)

No comments: