Sunday, December 27, 2009

A Year Long Of Christmas Crafting

Hey All,

I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe Christmas. We had a good day here other than the pouring down rain. Santa tried to give Colin the snow he asked for but it just wasn't cold enough for it. lol Oh well maybe we will get some in the next month so he can play in it.

I've been taking care of Christmas stuff today and cleaning up. If it wasn't for having to stop to get dinner ready and into the oven I would still be at it. But I've lost my umph for the day now!!! Got to get it all done before Tuesday when the little ones get here to spend a few days. And that reminds me as soon as I have more time I will tell ya all about the TREE DISASTER. And maybe I'll have time to catch up on everyones blogs so many I want to go read.

Are you wondering about the subject line? I'm going to do a spin off from Abbie's blog over on Proverbs 31 Living. She had a wonderful weekly posting A Handmade Christmas and it gave me that extra push I needed to get motivated. So I've decided to do A Year Long Of Christmas Crafting. I'll only post once a month until maybe around October or November and then once a week. And hopefully Abbie will do A Handmade Christmas again and I will link up with her when she starts it again. I love seeing what everyone is making and getting ideas.

I will be posting things I make for gifts, decorations, and recipes that are a must to serve or others that I come across that I would like to try. I'm putting myself to the challenge!! My goal is to have atleast one handmade gift for each of the children, grandchildren, and friends. And not to mention I need to work on ornaments because of the TREE DISASTER but more of that later. My first A Year Long Of Christmas Crafting will be posted Thursday, January 21. I hope you will join me on this challenge because I would love to see what everyone is doing.

Maybe by the 21st I can figure out Mr. Linky. I had registered a long time ago and I will see if I can figure out how to use it before the 21st.

I better go check on dinner it should be about done.

Take Care :)

4 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Sounds like a whole lot of fun. Hugs

Anonymous said...

I've been meaning to stop by sooner, but with holidays and all...well...you know! Hope you had a great Christmas and are having a wonderful New Year!

Paula said...

Hello, Miss Vickie... hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year...
I've been a bad blogger lately so I I'm just now getting around to visit everybody. Hope you are well and it's warm where you are... we're still below freezing here!
(10th day in a row! BRRRR!)

Susan said...

Hi Vickie, I know your busy. Cant wait to see what your working on.

Hope all is well.