Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Workout

Last night Dale didn't want me to go to his basketball game his excuse I play better when you are not here. So upon his request I went upstairs to workout I haven't been to the gym since I was sick. I know I've said this before but I can really tell when I haven't kept up with my exercises. I started out on the treadmill did 2 miles with inclines. Then I got the medicine ball and did some twists and then on to the ab roller. I didn't count how many but I know I was there a while doing that and stopping to do some back stretches. When finished I decided I still had about 10 minutes so I went to the bike but could only make it 4 minutes. My legs were burning and I kept thinking work through it but in the end I couldn't. I think last night was the first time I really worked up a sweat and that was on the treadmill. It makes a difference using the incline.

Returning back to the gym for the last few minutes of the game I thought it was funny that Dale was not playing. It's not often that he is sitting out. When the game finished he got up and started limping to me. He had gotten hurt within the first minute of the game. This time it was his knee but he is okay this morning. I asked him why didn't you tell someone to come get me and his response I'm not a baby. KIDS! See if I honor his request next time.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Vickie, I used to work out, until a friend of Chuck's drop dead of a massive heart attack at the gym. Chuck's question was if it's so healthy to workout why is it you hear of so many individuals dying while running, or woking out, yet; never hear of police officers dying at Dunkin Donuts??? LOL

Wow, I'd think all the remodeling you are doing would count for a good workout! Looks beautious :)